Mobile social media is legendary and is fashionably followed by an enormous user base of 3.5 billion people around the globe.
Trending social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat have undoubtedly gained immense popularity and are dominating the social media via mobile devices. And this is often something that even social media websites haven’t been ready to deliver.
However, the scene may be a bit different if we glance at the brand names. As an example, WhatsApp , Facebook Messenger and some other social media apps have locked horns during a closed position to get on the highest. Interestingly, these two apps are owned by Facebook Inc. and that’s the rationale the competition isn’t that aggressive between the highest social media platforms.
Though Instagram is additionally Facebook’s own social networking mobile app, yet the competition is more aggressive among the apps which are owned by different companies.
Between all the tussle between social media brands, Asian apps also are increasingly becoming a part of the recent trend of social networking sites and mobile app, contributing to reworking the economies around the world.
Interesting Facts About Social Media
Before hitting the list of the highest social media apps, here is a few interesting data for you to understand the worldwide reach of the web and social media platforms in 2020
- 5.112 billion mobile phone users worldwide, up 2% year-on-year.
- 4.388 billion internet users worldwide, up 9.1% year-on-year.
- 3.484 billion social media users worldwide, up 9% year-on-year.
Astonishingly, out of the entire world population of 7.715 billion, quite half the people use some of the other social media platforms. Social media platforms are the simplest thanks to promoting and market your business.
Best Social Media Apps in 2020
Now, let’s dive during this social media marketing list and see which social media platforms are the foremost widely used and therefore the notable features that helped these apps to top the charts:
Meetup is that the runner-up social media app on our list which will make it big in 2020. The app aims to compile people across cities. The app works on an easy idea, “when we get together and do the items that interest us, we’re at our greatest .”
To use this app, the user must distribute some amount. Meetup’s subscription plans range from a month to 6 months. For one month, it cost $9.99 and for 6 months, it’s $29.99.
- Option to explore groups and events by category
- Save events you’re curious about and revisit them later
- Discussions and messaging within the app
- Easy switch between locations
- Option to personalize and schedule events
Reddit is that the runner-up social media app on our list. With its most agreeable design, this platform may be a happening place for mobile social media app users. The free social media app holds a robust community of an intelligent group of individuals who discuss, chat, share pictures and videos.
There also are dedicated forums for just about anything, called ‘Subreddits’. However, subreddits have different engagement levels, so it’s suggested to research and determine the relevant and popular subreddits for your brand promotion.
- A global discussion forum with thousands of unique topics;
- Comment, upvote or downvote posts;
- Join in the conversation of your choice;
- Feature unlock supported your account’s Karma;
- Create and moderate subreddits to create your own community.
LinkedIn is the best social media apps for professionals around the globe. it’s effortless for users to market themselves and their businesses. Users can increase their business connections while connecting with other professionals.
It also can be used as a social media app for marketing and is used by businesses to determine their authority and leadership in their industry and to draw in promising talent. LinkedIn also offers opportunities to advertise your business, like sending personalized ads, boosting your content, and displaying ads on the location.
- Create your professional profile highlighting your skillset;
- Find jobs or recruit people;
- Make your articles and posts reach professionals;
- A great marketing opportunity to showcase your company or product;
- Follow the activities of your followed connections.
Instagram is another best social media app concept that has become a sensation. It now has many users around the globe, which are increasing day by day. Every other day, Instagram introduces a replacement development for engaging its users more. Instagram allows you to share a good range of content like videos, live videos, photos, and stories.
Recently, it’s also launched IGTV to support long-form videos. To market your brand, you’ll create a business profile on this popular social media app, which provides you with rich analytics of your posts, views, likes, and profile.
It’s a fun social media app that lets the user schedule the posts using some third-party tools. This app is worth looking up to, for the most recent social media app of this generation. It’s an excellent platform for social media marketing if you would like to market your brand or business.
- Share photos and videos, stories with creative effects;
- Browse your feed and interact with posts;
- Go live to attach together with your friends at the moment;
- Message your friends in private;
- Discover videos, photos, and stories you would possibly like within the Explore tab.
Messenger wont to be the messaging feature within Facebook, but since 2011, Facebook has converted Messenger into a standalone top social media app and expanded its features. you’ll now hook up with your friends and family without logging into Facebook, with many other features that weren’t there earlier while messaging through Facebook chat.
Businesses can advertise, send newsletters, create chatbots, and do more things on Messenger. These features have given businesses and entrepreneurs a mess of latest ways to attach and have interaction with their customers, and made Messenger, one among the foremost popular social media apps.
In the wake of the increasing use of Facebook, companies are even leveraging Facebook Messenger Marketing Solutions else their business reach and profitability.
- Can send messages to anyone on FB without contact number;
- Add stickers, GIF, and emojis, and express yourself better;
- Voice call, voice message, and video call;
- Send money securely and simply within the US, UK, and France only;
- Connect with businesses to urge customer support, find deals and more.
Twitter may be a popular social media app, a known real-time public microblogging network where users can get new updates within the blink of an eye fixed. it’s been appreciated by most of the mobile social media app designers and users for its short word limit feature.
Its emphasis on real-time info and therefore the things that are happening around the world makes this social networking site unique and different from other social media platforms. Twitter is additionally a perfect social media platform for customer service. consistent with the advertisers, quite 80% of social customer service requests are served on Twitter.
- Go accept a faucet, and watch premium and exclusive live streams
- Discover your favorite sports, news, entertainment, etc.
- See viral topics and trending hashtags
- Chat privately with friends & followers
- Get suggestions about influential people to follow.
Snapchat is one among the simplest social media apps which have captivated million hearts already. the thought of Snapchat isn’t only attractive but also it’s one among the unique features like self-destructive ‘Snaps’ and therefore the users can send an image or a brief video as a message which automatically disappears after a couple of seconds.
Snapchat was one of the newest social media apps which made the ‘Stories’ popular, which was eventually adopted by other social media apps like Instagram. the recognition of Instagram has affected Snapchat’s growth and marketers’ interest in using this new social media app as a marketing and advertising platform.
- Create and add filters, lens, 3D Bitmojis to your photos.
- Live messaging and video chat with up to 16 friends at once.
- Watch their Stories from friends, top publishers, and creators.
- Check out snaps shared earlier with free cloud storage.
- Check your astrological compatibility with friends.
Pinterest is another major player within the mobile social media app, which has been proving to the whole globe that how significant visual content is or might be. it’s the fastest standalone mobile app that has reached many monthly users that have made it an enormous influencer.
Usually, Pinterest users wish to be inspired by new ideas, to undertake new things; hence, having a presence on Pinterest can assist you to leave your brand within the minds of consumers. This provides your brand with a chance to influence and shape their buying decisions.
- Photo sharing and visual bookmarking
- Discover lifestyle inspiration
- Explore trending and recommended articles
- Invite your friends to collaborate
- Buy, make, use the ideas you found.
Tumblr is one of the foremost popular social networking sites and a micro-blog and has been exceptionally popular. The young generation widely uses it for showcasing attractive features like customized blog share platforms and versatile blog content.
It has been a favorite among the simplest social media apps, for providing a blog writing and discussion platform. People share an enormous number of blogs on Tumblr from technology, to education, to art to fashion, to wildlife, and lots of others.
- More than 250 beautiful text blocks;
- Post text, photos, videos, audio, live videos, GIFs, to succeed in your audience;
- Create your own GIFs with text and stickers;
- Social media integration;
- Viral tags to form your post stand out.
WhatsApp has already surpassed tons of social media and messaging platforms. With a huge user group, which has further shadowed Facebook Messenger grades and thus, seems to be one among the simplest social media apps.
People in additional than 180 countries use WhatsApp. Initially, it had been only wont to communicate with friends and family. Gradually, people began to use this free social media app for communicating in businesses also.
This popular social media app has built its business platform and WhatsApp Business for business owners to possess a correct professional profile to share updates and supply customer support to the purchasers.
- Voice call, video call, group video call;
- WhatsApp Web: Run your account on PC;
- Saved offline messages;
- Back-up your chat and media;
- Share contacts, locations, and each quite docs.
TikTok may be a growing and new social media app for music video sharing. It became the world’s most downloaded app in Q1 of 2018, beating Instagram, Facebook, and other famous social media apps. It’s quite almost like Instagram for brief music videos. On this newest social media app, users can record videos up to 60 seconds, edit them, add music and computer graphics, before publishing to the wall.
Currently, this new social media app is most prevalent in Asia, but its popularity might quickly spread to the west also. Recently, TikTok has acquired Musical.ly, another same music video sharing popular social media app. Its engagement with other major social media platforms makes it the simplest social media management app.
- Simple yet attractive user interface;
- Editing tools with AR features;
- Make duet videos with anonymous users;
- Social media integration;
- Integrated music library with multiple language support.
Besides being a social media app, YouTube is often counted among the simplest video streaming apps. From music to movies and from personal videos to independent films, you name it, and YouTube has it.
As the second within the list of top social media apps, YouTube, is additionally the second-largest program after Google. So, if you would like to market your brand or anything, it’s an excellent medium to try to so.
- Easy access to subscription channels and feeds;
- Video management as per your choice;
- Better live and video streaming of your favorite content;
- Big screen interface, and dark mode;
- YouTube TV for live streaming 40+ cable channels.